2011年8月4日星期四

Real Women Read Maps

Psychologist Marcia Reynolds writes about gender issues, and she's recently changed her mind about a lot of things. Her piece "Stop Praising the Differences in Men and Women" is adapted from the Huffington Post. I used to think: Women change the subject more frequently than men do, circling back to the original point after a while.
Now I get it: My companion does this far more than I do.
I used to think: Women are more collaborative and less commandeering than men. Now I get it: The male coaches I work with are sometimes more team-oriented than the women on the job. I used to think:Women multitask, and men focus. Now I get it: We all multitask, and women often home in on a subject with intensity.
So now I suggest we:
W Stop generalizing about which gender does something better. W Start acknowledging it's about individuals, not type. W Quit praising our differences, and honor how the best of us, men and women, are more powerful together.

没有评论:

发表评论