2011年8月4日星期四

Comedy Couple

in the 57 years they've been together, comedy team Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara have learned that a quick comeback can fuel a happy marriage.
 STILLER: I don't know if we knew [our marriage] could last. But if you run into roadblocks, you can either abandon ship or see if you get through it. If you do, you have a little more wisdom.
MEARA: You come off so sensitive. If you had talked like that when we were first married, we wouldn't have had any fights.
STILLER: Remember the time you left me?
 MEARA: I can't remember all the times I've left you. STILLER: Anne says, "I'm getting out of here. I've had enough." 
MEARA: I packed a suitcase and went to my friend Dolly's place. 
STILLER: No, I took you on the subway. 
MEARA: All right, you took me.
STILLER: I just wanted to make sure nothing happened to you. You were still my comedy partner. Anyway, we got to the building, and I said, "Let me go upstairs with you."
 MEARA: He clung to me like an infectious disease.
 STILLER: Dolly says, "What are you doing here at two in the morning?" I said, "She's breaking up with me, and I just wanted to bring her over." Well, by five in the morning, we were together again.


IPAD EXTRA To watch laugh-out-loud video of this duo, download the Reader's Digest magazine app from the iTunes store.

没有评论:

发表评论